Friday, May 28, 2010

Watermelon ROCKS!!

Hey everyone! As most of you probably know it is Summertime!! (and if you don't you must be living under a rock!) And with Summer always comes my crazy and totally random obsessions. Right now it is watermelon! I think I could eat a whole one of those babies my self! Anyways, here are some cool facts about watermelon!:o) enjoy! P.S. the italized are my thoughts on the fact.

~Watermelon is actually a vegetable, not a fruit! It is also related to the pumpkin, cucumber and squash! Who knew!?

~A watermelon consists of 92% water and 8% sugar. Thus the name watermelon

~The watermelon was brought to America from Africa by African slaves. Thank you for bringing them!!

~Every part of the watermelon is edible. Including the rhine and seeds! Not like I'm going to eat it though...

~Watermelons are ideal for the health as they do not contain any fat or cholesterol and are high in fiber and vitamins A and C. They are also a good sorce of potassium. Tasty AND good for you!

~Over 1,200 varietys of watermelon are grown in approxamately 100 countries across the globe. Boy is that a lot!

~There are square watermelons. WIERD!

~Watermelon is the most consumed melon in the US. Half of which is probably eaten by me!

I hoped you all liked the random watermelon facts! Hey, you learn something new everyday! Even in Summer! :o)

Love, Andrea

1 comment:

Kirsten Leigh said...

Woohoo! Yay watermelon!